I think my first paragraph marries well with what James had to say.

Benjamin Franklin

rob@dekko.com
Sent by: midrange-l-admin@midrange.com
10/15/2002 11:04 AM
Please respond to midrange-l

        To:     midrange-l@midrange.com
        cc:
        Fax to:
        Subject:        Re: V5R2:  Source now allowed in the IFS

If IBM adds the capability to compile from source, then it allows the tool
manufactures to catch up or surpass IBM.  Much like having the compiler
team work on stuff that can't easily be done with your custom
subprocedure, than spending time working on a bif that can be easily
replicated with a custom subprocedure.

Also, PDM is nice, but it probably isn't the 'tool of the future'.  Your
options include:
1)  Stay the course.
2)  Using iSeries navigator
3)  Using WDSC (or whatever, you know what I mean)
4)  Using third party tools
5)  Get a package that marries the ifs capability of WRKLNK with the user
defined options of PDM.

Benjamin Franklin

Vernon Hamberg <vhamberg@attbi.com>
Sent by: midrange-l-admin@midrange.com