Brad, Justin, Scott, et al.
Right now I am just testing Brad's utility.  My goal is to be able to
send and receive EDI files with it.  One thing our company does is run
an EDI service bureau.  Several of our customers will be pushed to do
EDIINT (EDI over the internet) is the very near future.  While it is not
any problem for us now to support FTP file transfers over the internet,
EDIINT standards have been in place (called AS1 and AS2).  The first
wave, AS1 supports delivery via SMTP, AS2 is  based on HTTP.

I would like to find a solution I can recommend to my current consulting
clients and a solution that I can use for our service bureau.  I have
found a UNIX based solution, that we are considering trying to port to
PASE (the author is recommending we also run it in a LINUX patition on
the 400), and also the same author is recommending we set up a separate
Linux box and use NFS.  But, I would rather find a solution I can use
that is native on the 400.  Our service bureau runs on the 400 and it
just makes sense to have it all on one platform.

I know Brad sells GETURI as shareware, and it looks like there is also
an open source version.  Scott, I did not know you had an open source
utility that does something similar (I will download it and check it
out).  I would like to talk to you both about what it would take to make
your program AS2 compliant.  I have been doing some research in this
area and it looks like AS2 supports signatures, encryption, and non
repudiation.  The transport is HTTP or HTTPS.  If either of your guys
are interested in continuing this conversation off line, please let me
know.

cjg

Carl J. Galgano
EDI Consulting Services, Inc.
550 Kennesaw Avenue, Suite 800
Marietta, GA  30060
(770) 422-2995 - voice
(419) 730-8212 - fax
mailto:cgalgano@ediconsulting.com
http://www.ediconsulting.com
AS400 EDI, Networking, E-Commerce and Communications Consulting and
Implementation
http://www.icecreamovernight.com
Premium Ice Cream Brands shipped Overnight

"You ain't gonna learn what you don't want to know" - rw