John

Will the names and number of remote outqs change? I assume they are all in
the same library.

If they are static or will change very seldom, you could create a CL
command with 2 parameters, one for the text, long enough to fit your needs,
and the other, *char(10), for the outqs, SNGVAL(*ALL), MAX(6), DFT(*ALL),
VALUES(OUTQ1 OUTQ2 OUTQ3 OUTQ4 OUTQ5 OUTQ6) RSTD(*YES). That should be
enough, but check other parameters for the PARM command.

You might want a validity checking program (VCP), to be sure the outqs have
active writers attached. If not active, STRRMTWTR. I think there's an API
for checking writer status. If STRRMTWTR is unsuccessful, send back a
message. The VCP gets the same parameters as the command processing program
(CPP). I.e., a *CHAR(len) and a *CHAR(62) - first 2 bytes are an integer
with the number of outqs entered.

If the names and count will vary often, I suggest a subfile. RPG is best
for processing this. Keep the names in a file and populate the subfile
format from it. Initialize an option field with '1' (for select) . Have a
text field in the header (control format). Again, you can get a count and a
list. This could be a procedure called from the CLLE module.

Output to print could be done most easily, again, in RPG. Just have an
output file, QPRINT, say, or one of your own (it should not go to a live
writer), and an O-spec with field of text-length. Override QPRINT to wrap,
not truncate.

Once back in the CLLE, CHGSPLFA SPLNBR(*LAST) OUTQ(&outqname) for each one
selected. DLTSPLF SPLNBR(*LAST) when done.

HTH

Vern