From: Taylor, Mark W [mailto:MarkWTaylor@eaton.com]
Sent: Friday, October 11, 2002 13:30
To: 'midrange-l@midrange.com'
Subject: What file contains records of active jobs?

Hello all!

I have a situation where I need to figure out what user ran a job by using
the Job Name.
In our system, when someone posts an inventory transaction the job name is
written to the transaction file. These job names are dynamic based on the
session assigned by the system and not based on the user's specific
workstation - Therefore, the job names are like... QPADEV0063, QPADEV003W,
etc. which are meaningless when trying to determine who created the
transaction.

What I need to know is, What file on the system holds this information
linking the job to the user? I can get to it by using the DSPJOB
JOB(jobname) interactively, but I would like to use a trigger program to
chain to a file with the job name if it is possible.

TIA
Mark