Another good idea comes back - passing a data structure as a parm.

Now I can have my service program back.

Bless you.

Benjamin Franklin

"Steve Landess" <steve_landess@hotmail.com>
Sent by: midrange-l-admin@midrange.com
10/10/2002 03:10 PM
Please respond to midrange-l

        To:     <midrange-l@midrange.com>
        cc:
        Fax to:
        Subject:        Re: locked record

Rob -
I gleaned this from a JDE program...

What JDE does is IF an error occurs in the RPG program on a file
operation,
they call a program (P98RLCK) and pass the PSDS to it.

P98RLCK determines if the RPG status code is either '01218' or '01299'. If
so, it pops up a window that displays the 'Record 1 in use by job
955737/USERID/JOBNAME.' message so that the interactive user can see who
has
the record lock.