From: "Kirk Goins" <kirkg@pacinfosys.com>
To: "Midrange-L (E-mail)" <midrange-l@midrange.com>
Sent: Wednesday, October 09, 2002 4:22 PM
Subject: DDM and SQL

OK you database and DDM Gurus...

I'm not looking for a why or why not to do this, I'm looking for HOW it does
it..

Let's assume on a local machine I use SQL to select say 5,000 records from
say a 100,000 record file and assuming that the query optimizer uses a seq
read to get those 5,000 records... there is lots of I/O

Now Let's move the data to a remote system and use DDM. Does the machine
with the ACTUAL DATA do all the work and only return the 5,000 records
across the link or does EVERY Record get passed via DDM the source machine
which throws out the unwanted?