This is on NT4 but might Help.  The Registry Key HKey_Users\.Default\Control
Panel\Colors\ScrollBar should be "192 192 192".  I believe "128 128 128" is
the code for white.  If its not there check the same key under
HKey_Current_User.  Surprisingly it's really not that hard for a vb program
to screw something like this up.

Eric Graeb
AS/400 Administrator
King Optical Group Inc.