At 12:07 10/01/2002, Tony Corbett wrote:
I'm trying to use the QNTC file system, using the cpytoimpf in a scheduled
batch job to copy files to the NT server to be imported by an NT package.
This happens every two hours during workdays.  I see on the document
entitled "Configuration of QNTC (SMB Client) File System" (I didn't get the
doc#)"Notes: Any access created throught MKDIR are removed when the AS/400e
or iSeries 400 system is IPLed and will have to be recreated manually".
This makes using this method much less appealing.  Plus the fact that the
user profiles/passwords have to match between OS400 and NT.

How are you handling this?  Is this still true or has this been changed?
We've only IPL'd once and I had to redo the MKDIR to fix it.  (not sure if
the IPL did it or if I did in testing this process)  If true, can I just add
the MKDIR command to the bottom of my startup procedure.
I'm checking to see if the path is valid using the ChkAccOk function in the
Unix module of iSeries-Toolkit. If ChkAccOk returns an error, I run MkDir.
You could certainly do as you suggest in the system startup program too,
although you'll need to be careful of the timing, since the server code
will need to be active before you can mount a share.

I'm also using the profile handle APIs to adopt a user ID that is known to
have an identical password on the AS400 and NT. That gets around the
problem of requiring the job's user to have the same password on both
platforms. The code needed to do that is in the UsrPrf module of the
toolkit (RplUsrPrf and RstUsrPrf methods). I don't think the UsrPrf module
is in the binary distribution yet though. If you're interested and you
can't find it, let me know.

Pete Hall
pbhall@ameritech.net
http://www.ameritech.net/users/pbhall/index.html