Hi Jim, you should:
1.  Install the AFP drivers that comes with CA express on your PC.
        Open the Client Access folder and then the Accessories folder.
        Double-click the Selective Setup icon.
        At the Install Client Access - Component Selection window, select
the Printer drivers checkbox, and click Change.
        Select the AFP printer driver. Click Continue. Click Next.
        When you are satisfied with the settings, click Next. The
installation begins, taking a few moments to load the driver.
        Select the option to re-boot your PC at this time.

2. Install a windows printer using one of does drivers, preferably the one
of the printer where you will print
        When your PC has restarted, a Welcome to Client Access window is
displayed. Close this window, and open the Printers folder.
        Click Add Printer.
        Select the Local printer radio button
        At the Manufacturer and Printer window, select IBM and an AFP driver
that is appropriate for your environment
        The next window shows a list of the ports on your PC. Select FILE.
        Leave the next window with the defaults for printer name and "no"
for the default Windows printer.
        Change the invitation to print a test page to No.
        Click Finish. Then a new printer icon is created.

3. Open your file on any windows application.
4. Print to file your image with windows using the printer you just
installed on step 2.
        Remember to check printer properties and change options to page
segment.
5. Take this new created file and send it to qdls.
6. Do a  CRTPF FILE(XXX/xxx) RCDLEN(32766) on the AS/400
7. Do a CPYFRMPCD FROMFLR(Folder) TOFILE(XXX/xxx) FROMDOC(pageSegment)
TRNTBL(*NONE)
8. Do a CRTPAGSEG PAGSEG(XXX/xxx) FILE(XXX/xxx) MBR(pageSegment)

Then your frre to go.

Emilio