If you do a wrkcfgsts for the tape device, you should see the whole
chain of 'devices', the highest level being the controller card.  If you
do a vrycfg with a reset for this controller, which should reload the
microcode for the controller and apply any PTF's you have applied which
would affect the microcode.

Or, if you have the availability, just do an IPL tonight.

Andy Nolen-Parkhouse