Here's a quote from V5R1 Information Center - Digital Certificate
Management:
"Prior to V5R1, when you used DCM to renew a certificate from a public
Internet CA, the renewal process required that you create a new certificate
to replace the existing certificate. Now you can use the renew function to
update the existing public Internet certificate itself. "

The related documents are found here:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/iseries/v5r1/ic2924/info/rzahu/rzahurazhudigit
alcertmngmnt.htm

- and a couple of interesting redbooks covering this area:

http://publib-b.boulder.ibm.com/Redbooks.nsf/9445fa5b416f6e32852569ae006bb65
f/9d9b5197f3a90a75852569c900778865?OpenDocument

http://publib-b.boulder.ibm.com/Redbooks.nsf/9445fa5b416f6e32852569ae006bb65
f/f97ea97c797ea650852567eb0071bf7a?OpenDocument

Best regards,
Carsten Flensburg