There is no job log generated.  The report gets on HOLD, I release it, gets on
HOLD again...

/--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------/
Dr Syd Nicholson said:
===>"The system is holding the print file almost certainly because of a
communication problem somewhere."
I agree 100%.

===>"I don't recommend changing the auto-configured values to add pdt's etc.
This only likely to confuse matters."
OK.  I am back to the regular configuration of the PC5250.

===>"You say have other PC printers working. Apart from the printer model, what
differences are there between the sessions that work, and the ones that don't?"
I can't find any at the first look at them.  Just the printer model, as you
said.

===>"Check QSYSOPR message queue for other messages, there may be information
here."
There is no job log generated. Here are the messages I can collect from the
*SYSOPR:
a) First Message:

Message ID . . . . . . :   CPF3382       Severity . . . . . . . :   00
Message type . . . . . :   Information
Date sent  . . . . . . :   09/25/02      Time sent  . . . . . . :   12:06:41

Message . . . . :   Writer 183837/QSPLJOB/RODPRINTER started.

b) Second message:
Message ID . . . . . . :   CPF3377       Severity . . . . . . . :   20
Message type . . . . . :   Information
Date sent  . . . . . . :   09/25/02      Time sent  . . . . . . :   12:06:45

Message . . . . :   Writer RODPRINTER stopped printing file QSYSPRT.  Cancel
  on device RODPRINTER.
Cause . . . . . :   Writer RODPRINTER was printing file QSYSPRT number 1 job
  182845/PETERVI/CISPV1 when the CANCEL key was pressed on device RODPRINTER.
  File QSYSPRT was held on output queue RODPRINTER in QUSRSYS. The next file
  was processed.

c) Third message:
Message ID . . . . . . :   CPF3395       Severity . . . . . . . :   60
Message type . . . . . :   Information
Date sent  . . . . . . :   09/25/02      Time sent  . . . . . . :   12:06:45

Message . . . . :   File QSYSPRT held by writer RODPRINTER on output queue
  RODPRINTER in QUSRSYS.
Cause . . . . . :   Writer RODPRINTER held file QSYSPRT number 1 job
  182845/PETERVI/CISPV1 on output queue RODPRINTER in QUSRSYS. The next file
  was processed.

===>"Check to see if the writer is active, Determine if the writer ends when you
start to print,
Will the writer start? If the writer is ending, is there anything in the joblog
for that writer that
can identify the error being received?"
Yes, the writer is up and running as soon as the device is created and it never
ends, unless
manual intervention.

===>"Do you have a conficting configuration that is preventing the device from
functioning correctly?"
No that I know of.

===>"In the PC5250 session, have you selected a printer device in File ->
Printer Setup"
Yes and I can see the printer listed and I can select it.

===>"In the PC5250 confuiguration screen, have you selected host print
transform, and, if so, is this configured as the correct printer?"
I think that may be the problem.  My printer (HP DeskJet 970Cxi) is not on  the
list and I am searching for any compatible one.  At this time, what I am doing
is really "guessing" for the right printer.

Peter Vidal
Pall Aeropower Corp. / SR Programmer Analyst
: www.pall.com  / + Peter_Vidal@Pall.com
(727-539-8448, x2414