I have 3 questions listed at the bottom of this narrative:

Using the same user id and password on my NT network as on the iSeries (V5R2,
lots of PTFs applied, including HIPER and cum).  I log in to the iSeries, and
from the command line enter WRKLNK [Enter].  I scroll down to the QNTC
directory, and enter option 5.  At the bottom of the screen, I get an error
message: "File system error occurred.  Error number 3474." (message ID
CPFA0D4).

The text of CPE3474 is:
Message text...... Unknown system state.
Cause..... The system failed due to an unknown system state. See any messages
in the job log and correct any errors that may indicated (sic) and then retry
the operation.

A look at the job log shows the following lines:

Kernel environment already active.
Problem log updated.
Output queue QSCAPAROQ in QSC6823099 already exists.
File QAPDFCDP in library QSC6823099 already exists.
File QAPDFCDP not created in library QSC6823099.
File system error occurred.  Error number 3474.

WRKPRB shows problem ID 0226823099: Software problem data for QZLCKERN has
been logged. Refer to help text for addit.  F6 on that screen indicates that
the SRC is SRCB900FDC7.

Now, I go all the way back to the command line, enter WRKLNK [ENTER], option 5
on QNTC. It shows all of the NT servers in my domain - without the error
message at the bottom of the screen.  DSPJOBLOG shows the following entry:
Session initialization error with Network Server FIREWALL.

My questions:

1. What do I do about the errors which occurred the first time I use WRKLNK?
Is there a PTF for this?  If not, how do I report this to IBM? I have no
contract with them; will they charge me to report this problem?

2. How do I resolve the FIREWALL issue?  Do I need to open a port or
something?

3. The FIREWALL and all internal PCs are on the same subnet.  So why do I see
_only_ the NT Servers listed under QNTC, and none of the Win98 PCs?  Is that
by design?