Ray,

The samples from alphaworks are, as mentioned before, not the best, but the
only ones available, I think.

You can look at RPGDB2SAMP, do a thorough examination on how it works and adapt
that programme. Basically it is a combination of parent element-child element
to retrieve the data of the child element. This can be captured in
subprocedures. Output using embedded SQL is not the solution, I prefer output
to a flatfile. For datamapping I created my own file with parent element-child
element as part of the key. I tried this method on two different XML documents
and both were dealt with correctly.

Samples creating XML documents do not create complex XML documents. The
principle is the same, but the samples I have seen, deal with it in the main
procedure. This may result in XML documents that do not comply to the XML
schema based on.

For some information on that (creating XML documents) take a look at
www.mcpressonline.com and search for two articles by Jim Barnes. To view the
complete article registraton is required.

Just a few thoughts on the matter.

Regards,
Carel Teijgeler.