Da: Joe Pluta [mailto:joepluta@PlutaBrothers.com]
Inviato: marted́ 24 settembre 2002 17.21
A: midrange-l@midrange.com
Oggetto: Interactive version of STRDBRDR

If I wanted to put a few CL conmmands into a source member and just run them
(kind of like old-fashioned OCL), can I do it?  The last time I did this,
many years ago, I used STRDBRDR, but that requires submitting to batch.  Can
it be done interactively?

I know I can just compile the lines of code into a program, or read each on
and execute them via QCMDEXC.  I just wondered if there was another way.

Joe

P.S. For background, what I'm trying to do is create "source members" for my
non-program objects.  For example, it would be nice to have a source file
that I could "compile" that would generate, say, a data queue.  I could just
compile that source and run it as a program, but then I'd need to keep track
of that program as well as its source.  I was just hoping there was a more
direct approach.