I've _kind of_ gotten it working, at least sporadically.  I changed my ETHLIN
line description on the 400 side to LINKSPEED(*MAX) and LINESPEED(*AUTO) (they
were at 10M each, my hub is a 10/100 auto-sensing, the 400 card is 10/100/1G).
 After I shut down and restarted TCP and the line, I was able to ping and
telnet without a problem.  After I installed iSeries Access (which required a
restart of the NT server), I couldn't ping or telnet.  A shut down and restart
of the server and line had it working again.  The next day, I couldn't ping or
telnet.  Since then, it's hit or miss.