Pat,

Without using the API, how could I create a stream file
containing the PCL?  If there is an easier way, I'm all
ears.

As for the other comment, the overlay contains text of a
different font (smaller, different typestyle).  If there are
any blanks between works in this text, the character @ is
replaced.

It's like it's not doing the EBCDIC to ASCII conversion
correctly for text inside of an overlay.

Brad