Chris,

Your firewall changes the TCP sequence numbers of your packets?
Seriously?   It's doing a lot more than just being a firewall, then...
it's more akin to NAT.

There are many times when you don't want your firewall messing with the
contents of TCP/IP datagrams, and many instances where it is just not
practical or logical to do.

The operating system SHOULD be changed to not use predictable sequence
numbers.  OS/400 is intended to be a secure operating system, you should
not need a 3rd party hack to make it safe.

It really bothers me that open-source operating systems where the
programmers don't even get paid for it can make the time to make these
things secure, and have been doing so for years, while a huge corporation
like IBM trails behind the pack.

Really.  IBM wants to take TCP/IP and security seriously, then they HAVE
to fix things like this, and they HAVE to be proactive about it.