I have done what you are looking for, but it is rather barbaric too;
basically I have an rpg that runs c/l commands since I have not had
the time to bother to look into the api's or system files that I
know exist out there - so;
I created one folder on our server (same as library name), then
created sub-folders with the source physical file names,
they copies the parent folder and renamed as to the libs that
I wanted to get all text source for.

the program then loops to a physical file that I do a
dspfd of the lib/*all type *mbrlist to the outfile,
I do a clear first, then subsequent libs to an add,
Now I have a file to read through with all my members,
I then have a ftp script written to ftp the member over,
the rpg changes the line depending on what member I am
reading (correct lib/source type) then executes the ftp -
speed is somewhat sluggish, but over a dead weekend - who cares,

has worked well and it does not miss anything as I rebuild everything
each time I run it.

hope this helps with other ideas
Mark