Jenny, my statement here was simple: love of country, tolerance of others,
hope for the future.  It was not meant to be a political statement, and I am
saddened that it has caused such a response.  You are focusing on one
statement that obviously bothers you, and that was taken quite out of
context.

I was careful to note that America is not perfect, and if my words smacked
of jingoism, I think they can be excused.  I made no mention of American
foreign policy, which so angers you, and I shall not be drawn into a
political debate here.  I love my country, and while we may not be perfect,
I feel lucky to be a citizen of this Great Experiment.

The fact that a handful of wealthy landowners working in their own
self-interest could craft a document that has grown to support the rights
and freedoms of over a quarter of a billion people - that fact is what I am
celebrating.  The Constitution of The United States of America is nothing
short of a miracle, in my mind.  That is not a political statement, it is an
opinion, and it is not subject to debate, here or anywhere.

Perhaps I'd feel differently were I not raised here, but that is purely
supposition and I cannot truly say.  All I can say is that I love my
country.  With its warts, with its problems, with its excesses, with its
prejudices.  With its tolerance, with its diversity, with its hope, with its
opportunity... with liberty and justice for all.

I may respond further on MIDRANGE-NONTECH if you so desire.  Although I
can't see that we have much to discuss, and that perhaps is the saddest
statement of all.

Joe