Thanks guys, I did not know that, but the online scenario makes sense. Could
you not also simply close and reopen the file? (Yea I know IBM is awful at
opening files)

-----Original Message-----
From: Fisher, Don []
Sent: Wednesday, September 11, 2002 12:58 PM
To: ''
Subject: RE: Clear File - error

Howard, a file in QTEMP may be cleared just as a file in any other library.
You are correct that it will go away when the job ends, though.

Donald R. Fisher, III
Project Manager
The Roomstore Furniture Company
(804) 784-7600 extension 2124

My guess is that the systems realizes this and does not usually expect an
attempt to clear a temporary file.
or email: