Neil Palmer, and other people in this list:

When I read your post,
Check this out:
http://www-912.ibm.com/supporthome.nsf/document/27574128

I thought "let's try this *improved* search, see how good it is".
Some weeks ago, I asked a question on compatibility of ClientAccess V3.2.0 and
Windows/XP, and Bryan Dietz pointed me to the right URL:
"your answer is here -->
http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/eserver/iseries/access/supportedos.htm";
which I really appreciated.

So I went to the *improved* search::
<http://www-912.ibm.com/supporthome.nsf/document/27574128>
and tried it, going to
<http://www-912.ibm.com/ImprovedSearch/Search.jsp?selScope=More&q=> ,
with "Select iSeries search options" in the pull down on top (as
suggested) and search for:   5763-XD1 AND V3R2M0 AND Windows XP which
was my original headache. I was expecting to get, at least, the page
mentioned above from B.Dietz, where I got what I needed. What did I get ? Just
one
reference to a PSP ...

So, using the "feedback" available in the search , I told people in care of
this "improved search" about what I had expected vs what I had got, adding "Not
very helpful this "Improved Search", isn't it?

Now I got their answer (follows): My question is, do you think (as the answer
seems to say) that ClientAccess does not deserve to be included in or be part
of the iSeries and AS/400 Technical Web Site ?

Re: Search Functionality
Thu, 5 Sep 2002 12:08:01 -0500
From:  "InternetSupport" <isupp@us.ibm.com>
To:  afvaiv <afvaiv@wanadoo.es>

Antonio - The "Improved Search" is not as broad as the search you are
trying to perform. What it does is allows you to search for technical
information from separate interfaces and web sites. Although, you can now
search several sources with one search request, it does not cover sites
external to the iSeries and AS/400 Technical Web Site. Areas/Support
information included is the Software Knowledge Base, iSeries Information
Center, Redbooks, APARs, and PTF Cover Letters. The site you refer to:
http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/eserver/iseries/access/supportedos.htm>
is not included in the Software Knowledge Base, iSeries Information Center,
Redbooks, APARs, or PTF Cover Letters. This is the Integrated Application
Server Web site which is different that the iSeries and AS/400 Technical
Web Site.

Hopefully this will clarify why the "Improved Search" did not provide you
with the results you expected to see. Thanks again for using electronic
services!

Internet Support Team
isupp@us.ibm.com
www.ibm.com/eserver/iseries/support