Joe,

I don't know if you are misreading my messages, or if you are using feigned
ignorance of what I said to start a debate. I did NOT compare tools - I
compared projects with the SAME tools.

As for your comparison, I will let the graphics stand for themselves. You
have reinforced that beauty and "good-looking" are most definitely a matter
of opinion, but you also prove my point that green screen developers should
not DESIGN graphical user interfaces - let qualified people do that. And
yes, most tools can produce one form or another of a GUI - and although I
said that was dependent upon the developer, not the tool, I was attempting
to be diplomatic - some tools do produce basic ugliness to confuse the user
further.

To be fair, you should have also posted these pages.
http://www.looksoftware.com/webena.htm
http://www.looksoftware.com/integr2.htm
http://www.looksoftware.com/extend1.htm
Again, I will let your comparison speak for itself.

It would also help if you used a better definition of newlook than thick
client. newlook may not be a thin client in that it does not operate purely
on HTML, but it certainly is a rich client (on a diet). If you define thick
as the size installed on a PC, then you need to revise your definition.
There is a comparison here between newlook and its competitors - newlook
requires only a small footprint client which can be web deployed without
user interaction. There is no thick server code involved in the
implementation.

In the end, I think you are right. newlook does not compete with other
products, simply because the way it allows graphical enablement, integration
and extension is simply not possible with any other product in a reasonable
amount of time.
Yours,
Trevor
www.looksoftware.com