>  Paul Nelson
>Sounds like Lawson needs to produce a fix for the problem.

Ho ho ho hee hee hee ha ha ha.

My problem with Lawson was that they had standards, except when they didn't.
Almost every task had a cleanup phase at the end to remove work members.
When I would encounter one that did not clean up I would call it in to the
Lawson Center o' Excellence and invariably get a response of "working as
designed".  The payroll time card entry program created a work member every
time the screen was opened, and never bothered to delete it.  Good God, the
support structure for their main GUI screen feature, the drill around, was a
use-it-once-and-don't-throw-it-away work member.

The fact that they had documented cleanup for general batch program work
members and spool support work members made me think that Lawson would
actually take responsibility for the rest of their cleanup.  Once I got over
that I did what Mike did -- I took care of it myself.

Now that I work in the world of Unix and Oracle I understand that this is
what system and database administrators are supposed to do.  We're supposed
to chase down all manner of loose ends and lingering crap from incomplete
applications.  Those of us who were raised on the AS/400 are just a bunch of
lazy primadonnas.

-Jim

James P. Damato
Manager - Technical Administration