We tried this and we got the e-mail, but when we use the SNDDST command we
cannot receive e-mails.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Langston [mailto:jlangston@celsinc.com]
Sent: Wednesday, 14 August 2002 10:40
To: 'midrange-l@midrange.com'
Subject: RE: Sending e-mail from AS400 to our Exchange server

We e-mail from our AS/400 to our exchange server all the time.

This is how you can test to see what the problem is, although I'm 75% sure
it's probably a forwarding problem.

This is all on the AS/400, when in the TELNET make sure you type the
commands in capitals:
<blank line, just press enter>
TELNET <your exchange server IP> PORT(25)
HELO <your domain>
MAIL FROM:<your e-mail>
RCPT TO:<your e-mail>
DATA
TESTING
.
QUIT

Here is what I get when I do this to my server:
220 MAIL2.celsinc.com ESMTP Server (Microsoft Exchange Internet Mail Service
5.y

500 Command not recognized.
HELO CELSINC.COM
250 OK
MAIL FROM:JLANGSTON@CELSINC.COM
250 OK - mail from <JLANGSTON@CELSINC.COM>
RCPT TO:JLANGSTON@CELSINC.COM
250 OK - Recipient <JLANGSTON@CELSINC.COM>
DATA
354 Send data.  End with CRLF.CRLF
TESTING
.
250 OK
QUIT
220 CLOSING CONNECTION

I suspect that when you type RCPT TO:e-mail addy
you will get a response that forwarding is not allowed.

You need to go into your exchange server and either allow all e-mail from
the ip of your AS/400, or allow all incoming e-mail to your domain.  If you
are trying to e-mail from the AS/400 to outside your domain, you will have
to allow all e-mail from the IP address of your as/400.

>From archive post on same topic:
Go to your Exchange Server Administrator, then to <your
site>/Configuration/Connections.
Go to properties (one way is Alt-Enter on it).  Click on routing.  That's
where
you can add the IP of your AS/400 server.

Donna never came back saying it didn't work, so I guess it did.