MAXFRAME of CRTLINETH has this in the help--

Note:  When RSRCNAME(*NWID) or RSRCNAME(*NWSD) is specified, the only valid
value for this parameter is 1496 bytes.  If the maximum frame size is
greater than 1496 bytes, LINESPEED(1G) or LINSPEED(*AUTO) and DUPLEX(*FULL)
or DUPLEX(*AUTO) must be specified.

FWIW

Then there's the help on ADDTCPIFC & ADDTCPRTE for MTU according to line type.

Ethernet 802.3 1492
Ethernet Version 2 1500