You can word things in ways as not to offend someone without having to put
the phrase "no offense". That immediately sends the message that you are
about to offend but since I said "no offense" it is ok.  All I was trying
to get accross is that you can keep other from responding to the list if we
do not watch how things get  worded.

Bruce "Hoss" Collins

                      "Adam Lang"
                      <aalang@rutgersins        To:
<midrange-l@midrange.com>
                      urance.com>               cc:
                      Sent by:                  Subject:  Re: Domain Name
routing
                      midrange-l-admin@m
                      idrange.com

                      07/30/2002 03:47
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      midrange-l

Yes, I was criticizing, but it was constructive.

If someone posts a solution to a list that you believe is wrong, should you
not mention it?

I said nothing derogatory.  I said nothing demeaning.  I just pointed out
that modifying host files is a bad habit.

I specifically said no offense so you WOULDN'T take it the wrong way as a
bash.

No where did he say he was testing.

No where did he say it was 3 PCs (in the original post I responded to)
(even
then it is still not acceptable to do host file modification).

He mentioned he had a DHCP server set up, which implied to me he was
lookign
for that type of solution, but was unaware that DHCP is the incorrect
server
for that purpose.

The point I was trying to raise was that modifying hosts files is a bad
habit, so no, I couldn't leave that part out.

You got WAY too defensive on the post.

Adam Lang
Systems Engineer
Rutgers Casualty Insurance Company