Hi there,

What has IBM done? In fact, what are they doing?

I did an upgrade at a customer site from V4R4M0 to V5R1M0, on a model
170. IBM did the same on 5 machines at a BIG customer, as well as a new
install of another machine.

The 400 support guy called me, saying that their ODBC was not working
after the upgrade. I checked my upgrade and it worked fine. We then
checked their new system, and it was also fine. The 5 upgrades gave
problems.

On further investigation, it appears that the upgraded systems were
still referencing the QSERVER sbs PJ for QZDAINIT from library QIWS.
This program has been moved to QSYS. I got him to RMVPJE for the old
one, ADDPJE for the new one (qsys/qserver qsys/qzdainit) and then do a
STRPJ. From there on it worked fine.

Just in case anyone comes across this with their upgrades.

Cheers.

Jan.