        Thanks for all of your suggestions, however, it is still not
working.  This morning I came in decided to start from scratch.  I deleted
my UPLOAD file (it only resided in QGPL with one member), deleted my
PRCHECKS overlay (only residing in BARBLIB) and deleted my PRTF.  On the PC
side I scanned and deleted all occurrences of my word document and all of my
CHECKS.OVL file.  I then created a new word document (CHECKS) using only our
company logo, printed it to my AFP printer, created a new UPLOAD file on the
400, copied it to the AS400 via CPYFRMPCD, created the overlay and printer
file, and reran my job.  It is still using my original overlay.  I have not
been printing these, rather I have just been viewing them with Operations
Navigator.
        Next I created a second overlay using the same exact UPLOAD file,
only this time I gave the overlay a different name (PRCHECK2).  I did a
CHGPRTF to change to the new overlay name, ran my job and all was great.  It
used the one I created this morning with only our logo.    Finally on the PC
side, I added a comment to the word document that only has our logo. I went
through the whole process of recreating my PRCHECK2 overlay and PRTF, ran my
job and it did not change.  It used the first PRCHECK2 overlay I created
with only our company logo.
        Conclusion, each time I change an overlay and give it different name
when I do the CRTOVL command I am fine.  But if I change it and use the same
name, even if I do a REPLACE(*YES), it reverts back to my original overlay.
I suppose I could rename them each time the overlay changes, however now it
is a matter of principle.  Has anyone else come across this???

Again thanks for all the suggestions!