># Type   Size  % used  Protection
>1 6607   4194  91.9 1  DPY
>2 6607   3145  92.4 1  DPY
>3 6607   3145  92.1 1  DPY
>4 6607   3145  92.3 1  DPY
>5 6717   8589   7.7 1  MRR
>6 6717   8589   7.7 1  MRR
>7 6607   3145  53.5 2  DPY
>
>The two new drives are 5 & 6 (drive 7 is in an ASP by itself, for
testing purposes).

Your system has one RAID set of 5 6607 drives, with 4 drives in ASP1 and
the drive you've numbered as 7 in ASP2.  When the AS400 stripes a RAID
set of 5 drives, it will take a quarter of four of the drives and leave
one drive at full size.  So the drive that looks like it's a different
size is because that drive does not have stripping.  If you had a RAID
set of between 8 - 10 drives, it would have stripped eight of the drives
(and left full the 9th and 10th if they existed).

Your only choices are: 1. Mirror as is now  2. No protection (i.e. stop
mirroring) 3. add at least two more 6717 drives to allow a RAID set of
four.

HTH,
Glenn