-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-admin@midrange.com
[mailto:midrange-l-admin@midrange.com]On Behalf Of York, Albert
Sent: Wednesday, July 24, 2002 4:53 PM

>>Make absolutely sure that you power down the system normally using the
PWRDWNSYS command before the battery is replaced. We had one CE who forced
the power down which meant that nothing that was in cache memory got written
to disk. He then replaced the battery which wiped out the memory.<<

I would like to know more about this.  The battery keeps main store memory
charged after a power down ?   Maybe the system was unpluged from the wall
and that is why the main store memory was erased ??