From: Andy Nolen-Parkhouse [mailto:aparkhouse@attbi.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 24, 2002 11:26 AM
To: midrange-l@midrange.com
Subject: RE: pumping storage using DST

Jim,

If you were able to postpone the removal of your 8 GB drives, it would
move the data while your machine was in production, so speed would not
necessarily be a factor.  Since you are adding higher capacity drives,
the STRASPBAL command would probably move more than 50% of the data
because it will try to get all drives to an equal percent utilization.

This would only be a viable option if you could add the drives on one
weekend and remove them the next.  The amount of data to pump would be
considerably less.

Regards,
Andy Nolen-Parkhouse