Dear Kirk,

If you were to configure a Client Access PC5250 print session that was not
using Host Print Transform (uncheck the box Transform Print Data to ASCII on
your AS/400), the OS/400 EBCDIC data would be transferred natively from the
AS/400 or iSeries host to the PC running Client Access. If you also make
sure that you do not select the Use PDT checkbox, Client Access will convert
your EBCDIC data into a Windows format known as GDI on the PC running Client
Access. The GDI format is the generic input format required by Windows print
drivers.

After configuring your session in this manner, you can then output this GDI
format of the incoming spool file data into the HP 1000 Windows print driver
and you should get your report printed using the typical Windows True Type
fonts for formatting purposes.

HTH

Best Regards,

/Paul
--
Paul Tykodi
National Product Manager

p: 603.431.0606 x115
f: 603.436.6432
paul@intermate-us.com
www.intermate.com

>Subject: RE: CA and HP LJ1000
>Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 10:03:40 -0700
>From: "Kirk Goins" <kirkg@pacinfosys.com>
>To: <midrange-l@midrange.com>
>
>I've have a client that has the 1200's working but the 1000's won't. The
Support for ASCII Printers web page lists the      >1000's as WINDOWS GDI
Support Only,  no PJL, SMNP, RMTOUTQ etc.