Dear Nathan,

The choice of data stream coming from OV is made by the OS/400 printer file
that is being used to apply the print format coming from OV when you choose
to print an OV document. The OS/400 operating system printer file function
is generally equivalent to the selection of the Properties button in the
Windows printing environment. The purpose in both cases is to give the end
user a selection of print formatting choices prior to the actual printing of
the document they have selected. In the case of OS/400, the list is text
based while in the Windows world the selections are made through a graphical
interface.

When you prepare to print an OV document, you will be given the option to
Display Print Options Y or N. The default is N. If you change this value to
Y and press enter, the OV document Print Options Menu will be displayed.
Near the bottom of the first screen will be the entry Printer File and
library. This selection determines the OS/400 printer file being used to
format your OV document. Many of the default values of the printer file
specified will be overridden by document option selections that you have
made within the OV application.

The printer file selection that controls the data stream created when the OV
document is printed is called Printer device type. The entries *AFPDS or
*IPDS for this choice will produce an OV document formatted with the IPDS
data stream when it reaches the target printer. The entry *SCS will format
the document using plain text that is compatible with the Create!Print
application. The Printer device type value is not overridden by the OV
document option selections.

You will therefore need to locate the printer file or files used to format
the OV documents in question. If you will still need to print the documents
to IPDS printers, you can copy the printer files being used to new printer
files with different names. Edit the new printer files so that the Printer
device type parameter becomes *SCS. When you want to work with Create!Print,
you will need to select the correct printer file from the OV Print Options
Menu.

If you are performing a conversion from IPDS printing to using Create!Print
to build an equivalent format, you can change the production print files
used by OV to output *SCS data instead of *IPDS data once your testing is
completed.

HTH

Best Regards,

/Paul