Hi Steven,

You can do this by simply changing the Data type from P to S in the dds.

Create a copy of the dds of your pf .
Change the source type from pf to lf (pdm)
Modify the record format  line.
Change the type from P to S.
Save and compile.

Ex. If this is the dds for your pf.(FILE1)

0001.00      A                                      UNIQUE

0002.00      A          R MONNAIER                  TEXT('FORMAT FOR FILE1')
0003.00      A            MNCODE         4S
0004.00      A            MNDESC        20A
0005.00      A            MNDESS         3A
0006.00      A            MNDCAS        15P 2
0007.00      A            MNCCAS        15P 2
0008.00      A            MNFIXR        12P 7

this one will be the dds for your lf.(FILE1LF)

0001.00      A                                      UNIQUE

0001.01      A          R MONNAIER                  PFILE(FILE1)
+
0002.00      A                                      TEXT('FORMAT FOR FILE1')

0003.00      A            MNCODE         4S
0004.00      A            MNDESC        20A
0005.00      A            MNDESS         3A
0006.00      A            MNDCAS        15S 2
0007.00      A            MNCCAS        15S 2
0008.00      A            MNFIXR        12S 7

Then you can ftp your LF to the rs6000 where your application will take care
of decimals etc

HTH
Regards