See below

At 04:48 PM 7/11/02 -0400, you wrote:

>It's not that I don't want to hear it, I am not averse to new technology at
>all.  My problem is that I need these e-mails automatically sent from RPG
>programs.  How can I do that if not by issuing a SNDDST command?

You could read Scott Klement's  RPG IV Sockets Tutorial (which every one
should do any way)
http://klement.dstorm.net/rpg/socktut/index.html
You could also look at
http://www.netshare400.com/cgi-bin/DSPOPNSRC?file=QRPGLESRC&mbr=CHKEADR
and then read the RFC for  Simple Mail Transfer Protocol
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc0821.txt
It looks harder then it is but if you start a telnet session to your
exchange server and use the example from the RFC, replaced with your email
addresses, out side email should also work if your exchange server allows
relying.
Example of the SMTP Procedure
This SMTP example shows mail sent by Smith at host Alpha.ARPA, to Jones,
Green, and Brown at host Beta.ARPA. Here we assume that host Alpha contacts
host Beta directly.
S: MAIL FROM: <Smith@Alpha.ARPA>
R: 250 OK
S: RCPT TO:<Jones@Beta.ARPA>
R: 250 OK
S: RCPT TO:<Green@Beta.ARPA>
R: 550 No such user here
S: RCPT TO: <Brown@Beta.ARPA>
R: 250 OK
S: DATA
R: 354 Start mail input; end with <crlf> .<crlf>  (that is a period all by
itself)
S: Blah blah blah...
S: ...etc. etc. etc.
S: <crlf> . <crlf>
R: 250 OK
The mail has now been accepted for Jones and Brown. Green did not have a
mailbox at host Beta.

>Not sure about the mail router question.

Prompt  CHGSMTPA   does Mail router have a value? If so it is your mail
router. Did they stop mail relaying from it?

John Ross
www.opensource400.org
www.netshare400.com