>From: "Leif Svalgaard" <leif@leif.org>
>
>From: Joe Pluta <joepluta@PlutaBrothers.com>
> > I've been advised that within an LPAR'd system the partitions don't
> > necessarily work and play with one another.  For example, you cannot
>share
> > tape drives or optical drives.  You cannot share Ethernet cards.
>Different
> > partitions must have their own RAID arrays.
>
>is this also the case with "fractional LPARs"? I can have 0.2 CPU for
>one of the LPARs. Must I also then have 0.2 tape drive or 0.2 RAID
>array? Good question, Joe.

I believe "fractional" LPAR only refers to the CPU.  The rest of the stuff
comes in whole increments.

-- Charly

"Nothing would please me more than being able to hire ten programmers and
deluge the hobby market with good software."  -  Bill Gates in 1976

"We are still waiting..."  -  Alan Cox in 2002

"Linux is only free if your time is worthless."

Charly Jones
253 265-6244
Gig Harbor
Washington USA