Fortunately, the problem occurs right away so I probably do not have to
furnish you with ALL the code (although technically, that might be the
better way). It appears VERY vanilla to me. Here are the pertinent
statements:

The ORDHDR format contains the date fields in question.
79  800ASPMMA            ACT SHP DATE - MO.
81  820ASPDDA            ACT SHP DATE - DAY
83  840ASPYYA            ACT SHP DATE - YR.
85  850ASPCCA            ACT SHP DATE CENTURY
86  870SHPMMA            EXPECTED SHIP DATE - MO   *****
88  890SHPDDA            EXPECTED SHIP DATE DAY    *****
90  910SHPYYA            EXPECTED SHIP DATE YR.    *****
92  920SHPCCA            EXPECTED SHIP DATE CENT   *****
93  940BOMMA             LAST BO DATE - MO.

ORDKEY    KLIST
          KFLD           ORD#
          KFLD           BO#

  *IN89     DOUEQ'0'
  ORDKEY    CHAINORDHDR               8089
*IN89     CASEQ'1'       LCKMSG
             END
             END

  *IN80     IFEQ '1'
            MOVE '1'       *INLR
            CLOSEORDW162                86
            RETRN
            ELSE
            EXCPTRLS162
            END

            EXSR DATES
  DATES     BEGSR

            MOVELSHPYYA    REQYYA
            MOVELSHPMMA    REQMMA
            MOVELSHPDDA    REQDDA
            Z-ADD1         REQCCA
By this point, the month is 81 and the day is 00 instead 08.11. Theyar
remains safely at 02. The 3 fields, SHPMMA, DDA, YYA are not mentioned
ANYWHERE else in the program. I will include the next few lines of code as
the dates are passed to an RPG ILE program to calculate a future date.
Remember, the fields are screwed up BEFORE the call is made...maybe from the
previous record some strange and magical curse was carried back to mess up
the NEXT record?

            MOVELSHPYYA    XYA     20
            MOVELSHPMMA    XMA     20
            MOVELSHPDDA    XDA     20
            CALL 'CALCETA'                 26
            PARM           XMA
            PARM           XDA
            PARM           XYA

I hope you can shed some light here Jim cause all of us are under the
impression that there is a heinous bug in our operating
micro-code.