Leif,  Note knowing what you intend to run on this system, but becarful
when picking a DSD.  The following is from the
following page:
http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/eserver/iseries/hardware/dsdhigh.htm
<ibm>
The iSeries DSD provides limited processor capacity (10-15% of the total
system capacity) for independent non-Domino work, such as accessing
back-end DB2(R) Universal Database on other iSeries servers. This capacity
is not intended to support standalone non-Domino applications. Systems
administration functions such as user management and system backup are
fully supported.

Where a mixed server environment is desired (Domino plus independent
non-Domino applications on the same server), consider other iSeries
servers. They provide the same reliability, manageability and low total
cost of ownership as the iSeries DSD, but they are optimized for balanced
performance across a broad spectrum of applications.
</ibm>

I thought I remember hearing that the DB2 limitation was to be relaxed in
V5R2 (another software throttle<g>).

If you are trying to get the most processor for you dollar, you certainly
went the right way.  I think the same processor in the "regular" 270 is
the 270-2434 (which also has a zero interactive model) but runs $9,500
more.  Before the April 2002 announcement that  price difference was over
$15,000, go figure.  ( http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/solutions/iseries/pbw/
)

The 270-2434 is the "WebSphere" box like the 270-2424 is the DSD.

 Bryan Dietz
3X Corporation
614-410-9205

Base prices (1 DASD unit)

270 2248-1517 (150 CPW/25 interactive) for $12,008 (P05)
270 2250-1517 (370 CPW/0 interactive) for $13,288 (P10)

270 2424  22,288   P10   2  - / 200   <=== this is the one ! thanks.