The data fixer program, DBU, has had this capability for years-- you
can re-order the fields on the screen, or select just the few fields
you want to see.

Of course, DBU is not intended for data entry or anything like that.

I'd be curious exactly what changes the customers are asking for-- is
there a 'top 10' list of fields, or just a general desire to
customize the fields to their needs?

If more and more customers are asking for this feature, it could mean
that your application does not have a very usable screen layout!
Maybe asking exactly what they don't like about the green screen
would help.

A cynical question-- who is asking for this change?  Are you getting
requests direct from the users, or are they being filtered by
marketing types, who think this would be A Good Thing?

--Paul E Musselman
PaulMmn@ix.netcom.nospam.com