Looking for assurance upgrading S10-2119 from V4R5 to V5r1.
System has #2850 FSIOP I know needs to be removed. Was
intended for Firewall but never implemented. My ethernet card
is on a seperate MFIOP - CMB02
Can I just power down, remove 2850 and 285A, and re-ipl? Do I
need to get a "filler" card to fill the space? if yes then feature#?

The install book for a Netfinity Server in V4 does not say much
about removing the feature.

tia
jim franz
                                            Card
 Resource          Type             Pos      Text
 CMB01             9164              C00      Combined function IOP
   LIN01           2720                 C08      Comm Adapter
     CMN02         2720             C08      V.24 Port
   LIN02           2721                 C09      Comm Adapter
     CMN01         2721             C09      Comm Port
     CMN08         2721             C09      Comm Port
   LIN03           2721                 C09      Comm Port
     CMN03         2721              C10      V.24 Port
     CMN04         2721              C10      Comm Port
   LIN04           2850                 C07      File Server IOA
****
     CMN05         2723                C04      Ethernet Port
****
     CMN06         6B00                  C07      Virtual Port
 ****
   LIN05           285A                  C06      LAN Adapter
****

CMB02             2809                 C03      MFIO Processor
     LIN06           2838                    C01      LAN Adapter
    CMN07         2838                   C01      Ethernet Port