Karl,

Sal has given you the specifics.  Here's a little general info:

You are utilizing a private IP scheme internally.  This is a good thing.
But if you want your AS/400 (or any system on your LAN for that matter) to
access a system outside of your local network, you must tell it how to get
there.  In this case the external network is the Internet.  But it could
just as well be a second company network connected via a VPN or a T1 or even
in the same building.  In any case where you need to go outside your local
network (i.e. an address other than 10.x.x.n) you have to tell the systems
how to get there.  In the case that you have a single router handling all of
this for you you can set the default route on the AS/400 (known as the
"default gateway" in the Windows world).  If you have multiple routers you
can set up routes telling the AS/400 when to go to a specific router.  In
your case it sounds like you only have one router (your SonicWall) so the
default route should work just fine.

On a side note (since I've been it before) if you plan to use the VPN
portion of the SonicWall product you will need to do this configuration
(setting the default route on the AS/400 to be the SonicWall device) in
order for any VPN client PC's to access your AS/400.

Chuck