Bruce,

        One thing is you want deletes from the source iSeries DB so right
away you are looking at a Trigger or Journal implementation.  You can roll
your own or you can look at the commercial products. I think Miimix or Data
Mirror can handle what you want to do here, Datapropagator does not as far
as I can tell, because there apply program is UDB only, even though they
have a source program for the MS server.

        If you were doing a roll your own, you would need:

            1.)  Journal Receiver code that runs in batch and opens a TCP/IP
socket connection on the iSeries.
            2.) An apply program on the SQL Server box that receives the
changes via the TCP/IP socket connection and
                    does the appropriate SQL thing to the shadow DB..
            3.) A piece of iSeries code, to read the source DB and send all
the records as Inserts via the TCP/IP socket
                    connection to create/replace the shadow DB.
****
            1A) Optionally you could use triggers Write the transaction to a
Data Queue, and have a program on the SQL
                    server read the data queue and apply to the shadow
DB..This would use the generic Data Queue support
                    for both the SQL server and iSeries systems.

    JMS...
Jeffrey Silberberg
CompuDesigns, Inc.
Atlanta, Georgia  30350-5640