I'd also check your power supply, i.e. the source. We had a machine on a UPS
and had three crashes in 5 days. They were 9332 drives, which crashed if you
sneezed in the next office. They were over 5 years old and initially we just
put it down to wear and tear. It turned out that the cause was the local
electricity distribution for the area had a "floating earth" which was
spiking the disks through the earth. It only became apparent as another
AS400 customer down the road was having the same problem. We installed a
separate earth from the rest of the building and had no other problems
since.

Tim Shepherd