From: Dare [mailto:oludare@ix.netcom.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 11, 2002 1:59 PM
To: midrange-l@midrange.com
Subject: Re: The Future of the AS/400 (was Re: Developer Lease to
1.75%????)

Why not leave AS/400 iSeries with the Lpar technology and support any
other OSes like u can do right now.  It sounds to me like a gimic this
"Statement of Direction" combiniing the iSeries and pSeries and call it
"Convergent Technology". IBM has always been creative with BIG words
just to make people happy and not panic.  Doesn't LPAR runs OS400, AIX
and other OSes?

Dare