Dare, I've responded to your comments in call caps....

*****************
There are some questions I will like to ask and a few things to say:

QUESTIONS
==========
Do we have IBM's ears on this List?   YOU BET YOU DO!

If we do, does IBM think some of the issues we address in this List warrant
response?  YES ... I'VE FORWARDED THE COMMENTS TO THE PEOPLE RESPONSIBLE

Can someone or people closer to IBM or IBM itself give us a clear and
truthful answer on where AS/400 is going?   CHECK OUT THE iSERIES NATION
PAGE ATTACHED... BILL ZEITLER MAKES IT VERY CLEAR WHERE iSERIES IS
GOING....
http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/eserver/iseries/nation/events/event_exec_perspective_042302.html

If IBM sees a future for the AS/400 can IBM look us in the eyes and explain
their plan or lack of in the past and present?  YES ... ZEITLER DID

How is IBM going to expand the market for the AS/400, by not having
marketing plan and no attractive developers' incentive approach.   WE DO
HAVE A VERY AGGRESSIVE MARKETING PLAN... AND REMEMBER A MARKETING PLAN HAS
SEVERAL PIECES TO IT....AND WE ARE WORKING DILIGENTLY ON DEVELOPER
INCENTIVES

I will be interested in knowing the detail patent information on software
as
it relates to OS400?    TELL ME MORE OF WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR, PLEASE

COMMENTS
==========
IBM has proven to me that they have a nonchalant approach to the AS/400.
IBM has no future support, plan, or business plan for the AS/400.
IBM will systematically drop the AS/400 as soon as starts loosing money on
it, I think this is in progress anyway.
IBM will continue to support current shops as long as they have to and make
believe that they care.
IBM is not in business to build or market the AS/400 to new shops. It will
reduce revenue on other platforms due to its stability and reliability.
I am at a point of diminishing return with the AS/400 system as it relates
to public perception of the system and my career.

I'D LOVE TO TALK WITH YOU ABOUT YOUR COMMENTS.... PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHEN
IT IS CONVENIENT AND A NUMBER WHERE I CAN CALL YOU ... OR FEEL FREE TO CALL
ME 205-823-4831,  ALUCAS@US.IBM.COM  OR EVEN .. ON AOL INSTANT MESSAGE: SO
ANNE LUCAS

THANKS!

Dare

Have a great day! and .... Enthusiasm is like a ripple in the water... It
spreads!

Anne C. Lucas, Project Exec, iSeries Nation and iSeries Marketing -
www.ibm.com/eserver/nation1
205/823-4831  T/L 537-9968,  eFax:  603-687-8053,  800/223-3907 Pager

Admin Assist:   Alice Sebastiano Telephone:  (914) 642-4109, tie line
224-4109 Fax:  (914) 642-6976, tie line 224-6976