I am trying to set up a share on the AS/400 so that an FTP server that can
see the internet can have users connect and drop files onto my AS/400.

I initially set up a share such as /QSYS/TESTING.LIB and shared that, but
when I connected to the FTP server and tried to create the document I was
given a 5xx type error saying illegal function.

So, I created a share under Root, such as root/home/testing and shared that,
and everything was find and dandy when I FTPed from the FTP server, it
creates the file as I can see from the OPs nav.  So, now I'm on a green
screen trying to find this file.

When I try CPYFRMPCD entering /home/testing doesn't work, folder doesn't
exist.  So, I try WRKPCDOC and browse around, and I don't see the root
system anywhere.

So how do I get to this file from a green screen?  I just want to copy it to
a DB2 file, doing ASCII to EBSIDEC translation if I can, if I can't I'll
just write an RPG program to translate it.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,

Jim Langston