I did think of that after I looked at it a fourth time :-)

Here is what a friend of mine says; we used to work at the same place and
both headed off to greener pastures 4 years ago. This guy is a GENIUS and
very laid back with a good personality to boot ! 3, almost 4 years ago, when
Novell started playing around with Linux, they flew him in to Utah to setup
everything for them and teach their folks ! I introduced him to the AS/400
when we were at the same place. His background is Novell, Windows, Unix,
etc. He knows EVERYTHING. And he was AMAZED at the AS/400 and was quick to
see how superior it was in MANY ways to the PC Servers and other midrange
servers of that time.

Anyway, I emailed him this MS link and here is what he had to say:

====

I am not surprised to see Microsoft ripping off what ever they can.
AD Active Directory on the WAN has lots of replication problems.

I'm using NDS eDirectory (Novell product), I-planet (Netscape directory
service used on Sun Solaris),
and AD in Win2k worldwide. I support these products.
We also have Wang, HP and AS-400's Mainframe/mini's - I don't support these
but they keep on running

The only directory service that really works is NDS. The problems I see here
are very minor.
AD has huge replication problems and security holes. I-planet or Sun need
weekly updates.

Click on this link:   www.whytheylie.com

There is no real solution to any network problem.
Other companies make products that designed to work with other platforms.
IBM, Novell, Sun, Linux, NetScape.. etc
Microsoft make Windows products to work with Windows - that is it.

"my two cents worth"
====

Chuck