Here is my V5R1 install time log in case anyone else still needs to
install V5R1.

System is a 270.

Friday
======
22:15 Start an entire system backup from the GO SAVE menu & leave.

Saturday
========
Arrive @7:30 to find the backup requesting a 2nd tape (message time
23:16).  Dang!  That's never happened before.  Must be that Infocenter I
loaded . . .

After putting in another tape, it's done within minutes.

08:09 Start D IPL to I_Base_01
08:49 Change to CD B2924_01
09:04 B2924_02
09:04 B2924_02
09:21 B2924_03
09:26 B2924_04
09:28 B2924_05
09:31 L2924_01
09:34 L2924_02
09:36 F2924_01          (5798-FAX)
09:37 F2924_01          (5722-CE3)
09:38 F2924_01          (5722-AC3)
09:39 ALL_ENGLISH_      (5722-XW1)
09:48 Sign on display appears
09:49 Various screwing around with SST (got work to do here . . .)
10:12 Start Cum load & apply
10:31 IPL start
11:04 Sign on display appears
11:08 Start all group PTFs load & apply
11:53 IPL start
12:21 Sign on display appears

Gadzooks!  QINTER did not start.  Nor did QBATCH or QCMN.  After a bunch
of checking I find that my QSTRUP program no longer works as before.  I
have a check in there (placed 3/22/2002) that if the controlling
subsystem is QSYS/QCTL, it does NOT start QINTER, QBATCH, or QCMN.  Why
did I put that in there?  After taking that check out, it works OK.  But
wait, the QINTER subsystem description has changed.  That's never
happened to me before.  An autostart job entry is missing and the sign
on display file has changed.  QBATCH and QCMN are OK.

13:28 Tests:  email works, client acces works, salespeople can
              transmit orders.  Time for a backup.
13:30 Start backup
15:50 Called in from home, backup done.

--
Jeff Crosby
Dilgard Frozen Foods, Inc.

The opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily
the opinion of my company.  Unless I say so.