Bryan,

Is your 620 doing now?  If it is functioning as a migration tower, then
the attachments to the 620 will be available to the 820.  Odds are that
'frame 2' in your rack config is the 620 migration tower and that the
cables on the 9309 will lead back to that machine.  If you do a periodic
power down and restart, you could watch the lights on the rack when the
machine comes up and see if you can notice any action.  Also you could
have an after-hours party and follow the cables.

Many installations will have a powered-off 9348 tape unit, just sitting
there because someone sends them a reel-to-reel tape twice a year.  I'm
having trouble thinking of what ten cables would be doing coming into a
9309 rack.  I can see ten cables going out of a 9309 rack.  These would
be the communications lines.

If you had a local business partner do the installation for you, perhaps
they could come out and inventory your equipment.  If they configured
the upgrade, they might be able to let you know over the telephone.

My guess is that it isn't doing anything, except perhaps keeping that
tape drive available if you need it.

Regards,
Andy